Hi everyone! The end of last year seemed to escape me, and I found myself on a bit of a hiatus. However, I’m back for 2016 and hope to go back to posting each day! I figured I would start 2016 off with some of my thoughts:
1. Look at some of my favorite artists from 2014 and 2015 who are making a real name for themselves! I hear Rae Morris on the radio now, Shura is in magazines, Troye Sivan, Years & Years, HINDS etc. They’re all making huge waves, and I could not be more thrilled.
2. Where are the new albums!!!! Looking @ you Lorde & HAIM. Long overdue my friends. I guess that’s what happens when you’re preoccupied touring with Taylor Swift, I suppose I cannot complain.
3. Welcome back Florence + the Machine. My, my, you were dearly missed.
4. Also welcome back to acts like Alabama Shakes who have been touring this past year.
5. Adele’s new album is amazing, as expected. Send My Love to Your New Lover, am I right?
6. I heard through the grapevine The Strokes are recording a new album. YAS.
7. Unrelated, the new Star Wars movie was killer. Go REYYY.
8. Do you guys have any thoughts on the music scene of 2015? Feel free to cut my ramble off at any time.
9. Cheers to the new year my friends.
Peace & Love,
I attended Jingle Ball in NYC this past weekend, and there are simply no words. Pop music is not my favorite, but the show was a once in a lifetime experience. The lineup included Sam Smith, Charli XCX, Iggy Azalea, Taylor Swift, 5 Seconds of Summer, Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Rita Ora, Maroon 5 and many, many more. I will never forget it.
Not a song I would typically post BUT kudos to someone who can take people making fun of her and throw it back in their faces. Honestly, well played T Swift. The video is a perfect extension of the lyrics, I love it.
I’m stepping outside of my comfort zone today and entering the realm of pop, but I couldn’t overlook the drama at hand. My inner middle schooler was just dying to get out.
So Taylor Swift is Rolling Stone’s latest cover girl and in her story she talked about a song she has written called “Bad Blood.” The song is supposedly about a fellow pop singer who did something so terrible yadda yadda. Speculators are pointing fingers at Katy Perry who
stole hired some of Taylor’s backup dancers in the MIDDLE of her tour.
To add fuel to the fire and
confirm add more to speculate about, Katy Perry tweeted “Watch out for Regina George in sheep’s clothing…” referencing Rachel McAdams legendary mean girl role in Mean Girls… lol.
I remain neutral.
Girlfriend is hungry…. We’ve all felt this before, am I right?
gif via giphy