Hi everyone! The end of last year seemed to escape me, and I found myself on a bit of a hiatus. However, I’m back for 2016 and hope to go back to posting each day! I figured I would start 2016 off with some of my thoughts:
1. Look at some of my favorite artists from 2014 and 2015 who are making a real name for themselves! I hear Rae Morris on the radio now, Shura is in magazines, Troye Sivan, Years & Years, HINDS etc. They’re all making huge waves, and I could not be more thrilled.
2. Where are the new albums!!!! Looking @ you Lorde & HAIM. Long overdue my friends. I guess that’s what happens when you’re preoccupied touring with Taylor Swift, I suppose I cannot complain.
3. Welcome back Florence + the Machine. My, my, you were dearly missed.
4. Also welcome back to acts like Alabama Shakes who have been touring this past year.
5. Adele’s new album is amazing, as expected. Send My Love to Your New Lover, am I right?
6. I heard through the grapevine The Strokes are recording a new album. YAS.
7. Unrelated, the new Star Wars movie was killer. Go REYYY.
8. Do you guys have any thoughts on the music scene of 2015? Feel free to cut my ramble off at any time.
The 16 year old Portland native covered Hall & Oates’ “Maneater” in 2013. This was a move that tossed her into the music scene, relatively out of the blue. Now with a 4-track EP and comparisons to Lorde, Grace is going to be a force to reckon with in 2015. I promise you. Dope synth-pop tracks. Absolutely mesmerizing.
The Golden Globe nominees were announced today and look who made the cut. Ker’s Corner favorites Lana Del Rey and Lorde. Hip Hip Hurray!
Best Original Song
“Big Eyes,” Lana Del Ray (Big Eyes)
“Glory,” John Legend and Common (Selma)
“Mercy Is,” Patty Smith and Lenny Kaye (Noah)
“Opportunity,” Greg Kurstin, Sia Furler, and Will Gluck (Annie) “Yellow Flicker Beat,” Lorde (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1)